Software Development Experience
GT Science and Software Director Graham Tickle has over 25 years experience in scientific software development. His original experience was developing software for mainframe and supercomputers. Development over the past 20 years or so has been predominantly on PCs using C++.
Experience includes development using the following:
- The majority of development work has been using standard C++
- Graphical User Interfaces
- Using Qt 5, WPF or MFC
- COM Interfaces
- Mainly to provide access to models via Excel VBA
- Mainly legacy code in Fortran 77
- Boost C++, Qt, Qwt for charts, Netlib for numerical libraries
- Software QA
- Working to TickIT standards. QA plans, customer requirements, configuration control, object oriented design, coding standards, unit testing, acceptance testing, user documentation, bug tracking.
- Development Tools
- Visual Studio, Intel Fortran, StarUML, Doxygen, TortoiseSVN, Bugzilla.